SAHMs (stay-at-home moms) who experience anxiety and want life insurance, I have important information for you.
An estimated 40 million adults living in the United States have an anxiety disorder, making it the most common type of mental condition. So, if you experience anxiety, you are not alone. In fact, women are twice as likely to be affected. (source: National Institute of Mental Health)
It's not easy to talk about. It's definitely not fun to deal with. The good news is, if you are looking for life insurance, there are a lot of options for you.
Anxiety is a blanket term that covers many different conditions, and understanding some specifics will guide you in making an informed decision.
Here are 5 things life insurance carriers look at if you have a history of anxiety:
1. Age of diagnosis and amount of time since diagnosis
2. Duration, severity, and number of episodes of your anxiety
3. Use of medication and compliance with prescription instructions
4. Suicide attempts or hospitalizations connected to anxiety
5. Alcohol consumption or substance abuse
Here are 5 actions you can take to prepare yourself for a life insurance application:
1. Have your doctor's information available: name, address, and phone
2. Be sure your doctor has copies of your treatment records
3. Document the cause of your anxiety (i.e. death of a loved one, side effect of a medication)
4. Don't skip any follow-up visits with your doctor
5. Keep records of your medication(s) and length of time symptoms have been managed under your current treatment plan
Remember, most cases of anxiety, especially mild to moderate, will not hinder your ability to receive excellent life insurance. Don't delay in taking the next step towards coverage.
To get started with a free no obligation quote, click here.